Are you the Café Manager that we're looking for?
It is preferable for us to hire people:
- Who have an outside interest/s that fuels their heart
- Who are independently minded
- Who do not simply follow direction but will question the wisdom of something they regard to be a bad decision
- Who once they buy into a decision and believe in what they are doing, will pull out all the stops to produce something of the highest possible quality.
If this sounds like you and you are also skilled up in Café Management, we'd love to hear from you!
HERE'S THE DETAILS:
We are a small coffee roaster in Gisborne NZ and the only full-service coffee company based locally. Our Roastery Café is the face of our business and where we showcase our coffee and our commitment to high quality service and products.
We are looking for a Café Manager to join our team. Ideally you will have Café Management experience, or at least two years’ experience within the coffee / café industry.
Reporting to the owners, you will manage all aspects of our customer experience in the Front of House, including:
- Being of service to our awesome customers by offering a high-quality service that is relationship based, professional, honest, and seamless all while taking the upmost care and attention to detail throughout all our customer experiences.
- Being of service to our café team by managing staff requirements, training and nurturing a united team environment that is reflective of our kaupapa
- Understanding and modelling a smooth front of house operation
- Regular reporting to the owners and liaising with other departments
- Maintaining stock levels and rotations including ordering and communicating with suppliers
- Participate in all aspects of the front of house operation including service, coffee making, dishes and cleaning
It is a big ask, but to make all our dreams come true, it would be great if you:
- Love hospo and customer service
- Have experience overseeing a dining room during service
- Have a sound understanding of what it takes to offer a high level of service and the desire to deliver it at all times
- Be able to lead your team to achieve the aspirations of the business kaupapa
- Have an understanding of what it takes to maintain a high quality operation
- Have at least basic barista skills
- Have an understanding of POS and have computer competence
- Be physically fit
- Be organised and be able to multi-task and see the big picture while being able to maintain a level of detail
- Be able to work hard, have a positive attitude and be motivated and engaged
- Have a willingness to learn, grow and develop and to encourage this within your team
- Be friendly, approachable, have a good sense of humour and be able to have fun
- Have a genuine love for people and our community
- Be able to commit to at least 18 months in this role
It is a bonus if you love coffee, enjoy music, regularly engage in our community, have an interest in the environment and sustainability, like healthy eating and have interests outside of work.
We can offer you:
- A relaxed, professional working environment where staff and community are at the fore front
- Full time hours (35) with no weekend work and some flexibility on Mondays
- As much coffee as you can drink : )
Please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday February 14th 2021