We a small roaster in Gisborne NZ and the only full service coffee company based locally.
We are looking for a Coffee Roaster to join our team.
Ideally you will have experience as a Coffee Roaster, or at least one years experience in a Roastery or within the coffee / café industry.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will:
- Monitor and maintain the high quality of all roasted coffee
- Roast coffee to production level
- Support the production manager in green bean purchasing
- Manage and order of regular stock supplies
- Manage cuppings and staff tasting programs
- Maintain the roaster
- Manage the efficient running of the Roastery
- Collate wholesale and domestic customer orders
- Help with bagging, packing, sending and delivering orders
- Have a keen interest in coffee
- Be physically fit
- Have technical aptitude
- Have computer competence and be proficient at record keeping
- Have good communication skills
- Have the ability to maintain a level of concentration for long periods of time
- Have a full manual drivers license
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have attention to detail
- Be able to work hard, have a positive attitude and be motivated
- Have great time management skills and be organised
We can offer you:
- Flexibility with start times on roasting days – (you’ll be able to nip out for a quick surf before starting)
- A relaxed but professional environment where staff and community are at the forefront
- As much coffee as you can drink
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday January 25th 2021 at 5pm.